Archive for Nancy Pelosi
Let ME count some ways?
Republicans and I finally AGREE on something!
I CANNOT stand Nancy Pelosi…either, and I’m going to check which representatives from MA voted to keep her as House Minority Leader — and to ask them about it. (Seth Moulton did NOT. Good for him!)
Pelosi does not get it, the other democrats who support her DON’T get it…(well, they get fund-raising to get RE-elected!) and the Clinton circle STILL DOESN’T GET IT!
Why the HELL are they still blaming Trump for losing the election? Isn’t that what he’s supposed to do – make the challenger lose?
They don’t get why Trump won. They’re only looking at false news and negative attacks, Russia, the FBI, etc, everything and anything but them and their poor campaign, their plastic candidate, their negativity, their lack of connection, their manipulation behind the scenes, their lack of counter-punch, their arrogant assumptions…and keep missing the economics, disappointments and frustrations of people’s lives, missing the forest for the trees…while they earn millions and we earn zero…but keep asking you to DONATE, DONATE, CHIP IN.
Chip in – you dumb, insensitive (whatever!) With what…you out-of-touch (whatever)! Why can’t YOU chip in some of your millions? I need my 3-dollars to pay my rent. I don’t own an 11-room, 2-million-dollar mansion in Chappaqua. Donate WHAT?
I did NOTHING to support democrats in this election cycle – and that’s NOT because of Trump. It’s because I’m FED UP with democrats, (starting with President Obama), and their inability to connect with the cares of everyday people like me. I’m frustrated with Democrats because of their laissez-faire attitude to Immigration Reform, blaming Republicans for their failure to act, then pandering at election time with DACA. Trump appealed to HIS BASE. You did NOT! Multiply MY feelings by millions of other disgruntled, frustrated “liberals” who feel like me, for various reasons, and you get why Democrats lost. But don’t tell them, let them blame Trump. It’s easier.
I didn’t support Bernie. But if you ask him why Democrats lost, he will NOT lay the blame on Trump. He doesn’t…
At this point I’m actually thinking of going Republican, if they’d have me…eew!
Who knows, maybe Trump, crazy as it seems, MAY work out better for blacks like me!
Should I care if Trump has white supremacists in his cabinet – if he brings jobs and peace/security to my inner city? Or should I keep supporting no supremacists in the cabinet – and instead live with fear and economic depression?
Did I say I CANNOT STAND NANCY PELOSI? I am NOT a Trump hater. 20 million Americans voted for him. He is different. He is crazy. Hell, I’m giving him a chance. 2 years (midterms?) before I get on his case. I want to SEE what he will do, before I crucify him.
Did I say I cannot stand Nancy Pelosi and most of the current hierarchy in the Democratic Party?
Can someone tell me WHY Donna Brazile felt that Hillary Clinton, a seasoned politician, was NOT capable of answering a question from a CNN reporter? WHY she felt a need to slip Clinton the question on the sly beforehand? I find that morally reprehensible. If a candidate CANNOT answer a SIMPLE question off-the-cuff, then you have NO freaking right wanting to be – or BEING, president!
- It’s not like the answer determined whether you went before a firing squad. Yes, in a situation where a wrong answer meant death or dismemberment, by all means, go ahead and “save” your candidate…but really? She needed prep to answer a question on the DEATH PENALTY? Why?
- Did Hillary clinton NOT know that she was going to run for president? Are you telling me that all the while she was Secretary of State, she did NOT know she was running for president and only made THAT decision suddenly, in a great “aha” moment in March 2015? How do you explain her NOT knowing that she should have 2 separate and clearly demarcated servers – one to email daughter Chelsea to ask her to check on Bill – and one to email the State Department and the White House…and to KEEP THEM separate? Why the hell did she NOT know that?
- I wrote to the president in 2008 begging him to tackle Immigration Reform FIRST. But no, he had to go tackle Health Care Reform, (because his mama had insurance issues) and so, he listened to Rahm Emmanuel (his then Chief of Staff) who thought that immigrants should remain a political football that would never deflate. Obama/democrats disregarded counter arguments. Well congratulations on “Obamacare” that unwieldy monstrosity that democrats sold out to the health care lobby. That was a great help. Helped you lose the mid-term, which meant NO immigration reform which pissed off Hispanics and immigrants and led to apathy. Great help! Helped in 2016 too!
- How about Montana Democrat, Max Baucus? HE chaired the Senate Finance Committee and was one of the LEADING architects of Obamacare. According to news reports, Baucus RESISTED including a public option (which would let people choose a government Medicare-like plan, instead of private insurers, and help keep costs down). THAT is understandable, since according to news reports HE, the great and mighty Baucus, got nearly 2-million dollars from the insurers, hospitals and related groups – WHILE HE WAS SPEARHEADING OBAMACARE! Smelling a swamp?
- Do democrats LISTEN to ordinary people who are NOT Harvard’s grads or billionaires or celebrities? I’m no Katy Perry, how can I compete? If I live in the heartland and coal is going out of style and my town is dying, shouldn’t I be glad that I have clean air to breathe – even though I can’t pay my mortgage or feed my family. Ah, all that oxygen filling my stomach! Isn’t the O in O2 really tasty? Hey, the bank will accept the C too, if you tell your loan officer C stands for the Roman Numeral for hundreds!
- Living in the inner city? For the FIRST week in November, three police/fire/EMS responses to my 14-family section, in one week! Fighting, drug use, trespassing. What a life. I look out my peephole and people are injecting drugs, buying drugs, selling drugs. Yep, I’m raring to donate! Yet I’m being asked to CHIP-IN 3-dollars to make the Boston fund-raising quota. F-you! What have you done for me lately?
Republicans are right – Democrats dice and slice voters. Blacks? Hispanics? Asians? Women? Blue-collar? Dog-lovers! Muslims! Gays! Immigrants! BULLSHIT. People.
Still don’t understand, MS. Pelosi? Fund-raising and MONEY DID not win 2016. Gender did NOT win. Experience did not WIN. Get THE freaking MESSAGE. What the hell are you doing for me, immigrant? What the hell are you doing for me – job loser in company deserting to Mexico or India? What the hell are doing for ME, working poor with two jobs earning minimum wage who still CANNOT afford to rent an apartment in Boston where the median rent is about 3-thousand dollars in many neighborhoods?
After all, earning minimum wage in Massachusetts, working 40 hours a week at $10 an hour is $400 BEFORE TAX. That is 16-hundred dollars a week. Holding TWO minimum wage jobs, working 80 hours a week (if you can), is $32-hundred dollars a month. STILL CANNOT MAKE THE RENT…not counting food, travel, clothing, utilities, etc. But hell, we’ll CHIP IN so you can win and cut deals benefitting your rich friends and cronies!
Guess what: Get lost!
Yes, I said it. F-you, Democrats. How much do you earn in Congress. before factoring in the perks and the bribes and the lobbying trips? The dinners/gifts/favors? The insider deals made IN THE SWAMP, on stocks, etc…
PS: And Clinton staffers yelling at Kellyanne Conway (Trump’s campaign manager) and trying to vilify HER for your loss…just, in MY eyes…UNDERSCORES how much YOU still don’t GET it – and yes, your bitterness shows. Ha! HA HA!
JOIN DA CLUB!!!
In other words? MOVEON.LOST!!!
In a Republican Presidential debate in January 2012 Mitt Romney said: He favored “self-deportation” as a solution to illegal immigration…
According to the New York Times: that position has been advocated for years by restrictionist and conservative groups and is central to tough laws passed in Arizona, Alabama and South Carolina, among other states.
Mr. Romney’s embrace of a strategy that would induce illegal immigrants to leave voluntarily places him squarely on the side of groups that want to reduce legal immigration and vigorously oppose any plan to give legal status to illegal immigrants, which they reject as amnesty.
Mr. Romney’s plan is to issue a card identifying legal workers, which they would submit to a national verification system at the time of hiring. After a transition period, Mr. Romney said, illegal immigrants who have no cards would not find work, and “they’re going to self-deport.”
The same strategy, under the name attrition through enforcement, was at the heart of laws adopted in Arizona in 2010 and last year in Alabama…
I live in Massachusetts where Mitt Romney was governor for one miserable term — so Romney can’t tell me or any body in Massachusetts that he is PRO any kind of Immigration Reform that will allow undocumented immigrants any kind of path to citizenship.
Not unless he got a revelation (a la Saint Paul) on the road to Arizona, AFTER he cinched enough Primaries to become the Republican’s apparent nominee.
Now Romney, like Republicans, realizes that he needs Immigrants to win! See, they never thought that these poor, downtrodden souls they were rejecting so inhumanely could affect them…and their carefully crafted outcomes!
Yes, yes, yes–Republicans – you’ve just realized, FINALLY, that you can’t win with only TEA PARTY supporters. Umm-hmn…there ain’t enough haters and bigots to set you on the throne. Most Americans, the ones I call the “Silent Majority” are not antiimmigrant. Yes of course it’s natural for citizens of any country to question large numbers of immigrants swamping their country.
But most Americans KNOW and REALIZE that the poor economy was caused by:
- Bush TAX CUTS that Republicans supported and STILL continue to support
- COSTLY wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- A weak global economy
- And insecurity at home due to Republican intransigence and President Obama’s reluctance to TAKE THEM ON!
I don’t think ONE level-minded American blames illegal immigrants for any of those. (I’m not saying illegal immigration does not have an effect on the economy – it does. But illegal immigration was there too when the economy was humming along. It is only when things are bad that the pie shrinks and we start looking for someone to blame.
It’s like your cousin’s child you’ve been caring for over the last 2 years. But now that the factory closed and you lost your job, don’t blame the child for your hard times. It’s not because the child is there you got into hard times but it sure looks like the child is making it worse because a little now has to go a longer way. Of course you’re not going to blame yourself for not saving more…
So let’s not blame needy, often desperate people who come to America seeking a better life. If you lived in one of these countries where you’d have to comb through garbage to look for food daily , if you lived in a mud hut with a tin roof with an earthen floor (and I’m not thinking of native tribes who societies are adapted to their lifestyle, because I think these societies are often more emotionally satisfying than ours with ALL our modern progress and high suicide, murder and other crime rates. I’m talking about abject poverty were people live in shantytowns, favellas, ghettos)…
Would you not want to get to a country like America? How would you feel if you risked your life to come to such a country to make a couple desperate dollars to send home to your wife, parents and kids but when you got there people treated you worse than they treated their dogs?
Americans STOP and think. Don’t let heated rhetoric from pandering politicians influence your good judgment.
Should people continue to pour into your country unchecked? No!
Should you call people names because they are poor, come from different cultures we sometimes cannot identify with – or look different? NO! We don’t need to insult immigrants. We can have an intelligent Immigration Debate without making immigrants feel inferior. Most immigrants who are here illegally KNOW they’ve broken the law…you don’t need to rub it in. And most are not criminals either! Treat the criminals like criminals…and treat the rest like humans.
i think members of congress broke the law too when they deliberately faked Americans into waging a costly, brutal war in Iraq. But that’s fine because these lawmakers are Americans…
Have you checked the CBS 60 Minutes redo (June 17): “Insiders”, about members of congress like John Boehner, Nancy Pelosi and Alabama Representative Spencer Bachus, the former ranking Republican member on the House Financial Services Committee and now its chairman? These lawmakers reportedly enriched themselves by allegedly using inside information they learn while working on legislation to trade stock!
According to the 60 Minutes piece: In mid September 2008 with the Dow Jones Industrial average still above ten thousand, Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke were holding closed door briefings with congressional leaders, and privately warning them that a global financial meltdown could occur within a few days. One of those attending was Alabama Representative Spencer Bachus, then the ranking Republican member on the House Financial Services Committee and now its chairman
These meetings were so sensitive– that they would actually confiscate cell phones and Blackberries going into those meetings. What we know is that those meetings were held one day and literally the next day Congressman Bachus would engage in buying stock options based on apocalyptic briefings he had the day before from the Fed chairman and treasury secretary.
Yea, illegal immigrants are killing America! How many illegal immigrants bought or sold stock that day?
Didn’t you know that Republicans have vowed NOT to cooperate with the President until every illegal immigrant has left America! Well now you know…
But BEFORE these immigrants leave – their cousins/relatives, loved ones, co-workers, employers and FELLOW ETHNIC GROUPS – have one last hurrah: they desperately NEED to Vote Republican, to thank the GOP for treating their loved ones so shabbily.
- Because of course when Republicans call Hispanics names, you know they don’t mean regular Hispanics, right? They only mean those Hispanics who are here illegally right? OR do they…?
- Because of course when Republicans fight for Obama to champion Israel, they really love Jews and never paint swastikas on anything?
- Because of course they just can’t wait for their son to marry a nice Chinese girl and take her to their country club…
- And yes, they just love to have a black grandchild, like Obama, one who hopefully will NOT be born in Hawaii?
- And they really, really want gay neighbors at their B-B-Q?
- And a handful of poor people clutching the food-stamps Republicans want to cut?
Of course they do! They do – they do! For the next 5 months until November 06…they so DO!!!
Ever had a minor altercation with somebody on the train/in a crowd and you give them the evil eye/rudely push by/step on their foot and don’t say excuse me? Two hours later you walk into the doctor’s waiting room and there the person is, manning the front desk?!
That’s Republicans today…scrambling to kiss the (you know what) of the very people they SCORNED…Dream Act 2, Dream Act 2.0!
NOW that they’ve suddenly realized that they can’t win the election with just the white bigots who make up the Tea Party, they suddenly LOVE immigrant groups like:
Hispanics: Heck they probably now want to parade their Hispanic connections: “see, I don’t hate Hispanics. I have a Hispanic maid!”
Asians: “See the nice Asian kid my son goes to school with – he’s so smart. No, not my son – the Asian kid.”
Blacks: You notice they ain’t even trying? They can’t fool us no more! Their last try, installing a token black as Chair of the Republican National Convention (RNC) was a knee-jerk reflex to Obama’s election and that didn’t last long. It could not because it was not genuine.
- So Mr. Romney come now and tell me AGAIN why the governor who first wanted to unleash the Massachusetts State Police on Illegal Immigrants, PLANS TO DO NOW. When our current governor Deval Patrick took over from you, HE squashed that plan which even the State Police resisted!
- Yes, tell us what happened to the candidate who wanted to be MORE conservative than John McCain, who ridiculed McCain during the 2008 election campaign for McCain’s compassionate stance on Immigration Reform…
- Tell us what happened to the candidate who just months ago ridiculed Rick Perry for Perry’s Romney has previously badgered Perry for supporting in-state tuition rates for children of undocumented immigrants in Texas…
- Who threatened to make life so difficult for immigrants that they would self-deport?
- Where inside Mitt Romney is the anti-immigrant fire-breathing dragon who kow-towed to the Republican Party’s HARD LINE on Immigration and refused to support even The Dream Act?
- Where is Mitt Romney NOW on Immigration Reform? Er…er…um?
I KNOW….Mitt Romney is still revising his opinion on that issue as well…writing different scenarios on cue cards. One batch he titles: “Tea Party”, another batch: “Moderates” another batch: “Independents”.
He grabs the pile titled: “Hispanics”: throws the cards up into the air, and grabs one at random. And so Mitt Romney reads what THAT card and it’s his opinion for the moment…
He flies to an Arizona event, pulls the stack of cue cards entitled: “Minutemen” (self-styled “citizens Neighborhood Watch on our border”) throws them into the air and grabs one.
Wow, it clashes with the card he just pulled in Massachusetts, but so what? Who will know? Who cares anyway? It’s the economy stupid…
Yes…stupid…how “stupid” can STUPID be?