Archive for general election
I would like someone, anyone, particularly republicans (and especially Ted Cruz) TO EXPLAIN TO ME HOW ON EARTH he plans to WIN a general election…across an America that does NOT give a fig about his brand of “values” especially those that say gays should NOT be able to marry whomever they choose – and that undocumented immigrants should be rounded up and deported even if they’ve lived in the U.S. for decades!
(I’m not asking how Cruz plans to campaign and what his strategy is). I just want Cruz to explain to me:
1. WHICH are THE states that he sees himself WINNING in a general election?
2. More specifically, among the states that President Obama won, which are the ones Cruz sees will go to him in 2016 ?
3. Does he see himself winning California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts etc?
4. Does Cruz see himself winning over Democrats and Independents?
5. Does Cruz see himself winning the BLACK vote?
6. Does Cruz see himself winning the Hispanic vote?
7. Does Cruz see himself winning the Immigrant vote?
8. Does Cruz see himself winning with the Gay/Transgender community?
9. Or do republicans think that they can win a presidential election with only the “conservative” vote?
10. Does Cruz understand that he is winning with only the Tea Party faction within the Republican Party?Unlike Donald Trump, he has so far NOT pulled in a diverse demographic.
Moderate, aka “Establishment” republicans DON’T like Cruz – they don’t want him as their nominee. (Yes, they’re now saying they may hold their nose and vote for him just to oppose Donald Trump) but HE is not their first or even second or any choice. But he thinks that the nation likes him – when his own republicans find him too extreme!
11. The Republican Party is a joke – it has long tried to SUPPRESS voting by poor people, minorities/immigrants. NOW it’s coming up with ways to try to suppress voting by its OWN republicans. That should be easy give the GOP’s history!
The God republicans like to laud so much (when it suits them) is indeed alive — and laughing!
The way I see it, even if every old or poorly educated or rural Tea Party white person who’s never voted turns out to vote for Cruz, (will Trump’s coalition vote for Cruz?) he still needs the rest of us, don’t he? Or do he?
Maybe he don’t – bring it on!
I can already see the ads reminding us about the government shutdown…and threatened shutdowns…and NO compromise…and the efforts he led, SUCCESSFULLY, to DERAIL Immigration Reform and to CHALLENGE Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and to BLOCK President Obama’s executive Order on Immigration.
Hispanics, the fastest growing voting bloc, just LOVE Ted Cruz. Trump says he would deport the undocumented and “let them come back” with conditions. Cruz says: I’ll round you up and DEPORT you and you can take your U.S. born kids with you plus YOU WILL NOT EVER COME BACK IF I CAN HELP IT! Such Christian charity and compassion…such values!
As of 2013, Cuban immigrants made up nearly 3-percent of the immigrants living in America…that’s MORE than a million Cuban immigrants who, incidentally, are NOT taking U.S. jobs – they’re all somehow working in Florida for Fidel Castro. (I’m NOT bashing YOU, Cuban immigrant. I’m an immigrant too! Just calling out Cruz on immigrants taking U.S. jobs!)
Like I said: BRING IT ON!
Because democrats may not be flocking to the Primaries like republicans are right now, but rest assured, a nominee Cruz WOULD BRING every old or poorly educated or urban black, Hispanic, immigrant, gay person out of the woodwork too!
Did I say “bring it on!”? Let’s cruise…Cruz!
Photos: Google images