Archive for conservative
Because often you get your wish, and…
When you get it, it sometimes turns against you! It’s even worse when we DON’T listen to warnings from others – or ignore red flags – or heed that inner, nagging voice! So now Republicans have their President-elect. Trump! And I wonder how that feels in private. Because Trump and his beliefs do not jive with Conservative Republicans and their beliefs.
However, republicans were so blinded by Supreme Court appointments and “repealing” Obamacare” that they jumped into bed with Trump. Now whatever Trump does reflects on them! My prediction is: The same wave that swept them into office will also sweep them back out…except the ebbing wave could be a Tsunami!
If I was advising the Republican Party, here’s what I’d tell them:
Take the moral high road. Take a strong stance. Forget about the Supreme Court. Judges will not dictate how Americans live their lives. If you try to use the courts to put restrictions on people or ram your personal beliefs down others throats, you will unleash a tide of civil unrest and opposition that will hurt not only the economy, but America’s reputation and your party’s credibility and prospects.
Remember, REMEMBER, that MORE people voted AGAINST Trump than FOR Trump. All those people who voted 3rd parties, 3rd candidates or write-ins also voted AGAINST Trump too!
Plus many of the people who voted FOR Trump do not necessarily like Trump or even support Trump or the GOP. They just chose to thumb their noses against “the establishment” and TRY Trump for size. These voters can return Trump in 4 years (if by then we still have a democracy!)…or demand a mid-term exchange in 2 years!
Very few republicans came out against Trump and stuck to their principles.
Most of them, like Speaker Paul Ryan and that spineless Utah Representative Jason Chaffetz, flip-flopped and wavered when they thought of their own political futures. They rushed to reject Trump when polls showed he was losing – then rushed to bow at the altar of Trump when it seemed like he was winning. Do they think Trump will EVER forget they did not support him during most of his campaign!
Republicans have a shock coming – a MAJOR shock. Because if they have not yet figured it out yet, Trump will do things only one way: TRUMP’S way, and he won’t care whether that advances or decreases “Republican goals”, especially as he’s NOT beholden to them for money or connections or advice. Trump is interested only in advancing one brand: TRUMP!
And I for one, can’t wait!
- I can’t wait to see how Trump deals with Russia and Putin – and see how that fits with GOP goals.
- Can’t wait to see how he deals with foreign interventions – and how that fits with GOP goals.
- Can’t wait to see how he deals with Immigration Reform – and Muslims – and how that fits with GOP goals.
- Can’t wait to see how he goes about cutting the debt – and how that fits with GOP goals.
- Can’t wait to see how many white supremacists he places in positions of power…and how that fits with GOP protestations of non-racism.
- Can’t wait to see how many family members Trump invites to the swamp…and how this plays out with Republicans attacks on “Pay for Play”.
Finally, I also wish to remind Republicans that the results of this election DO NOT reflect a long-term trend. So far, this election remains an anomaly UNLESS Trump delivers, brings never-Trumpers into the fold, does not get involved in “Pay for Play” scandals related to his business dealings, does NOT alienate those who voted for him and/or DOES NOT further repulse those who did NOT vote for him!
Guess if anyone can do this, it is Donald Trump. I, for one, am willing to give him a chance…
Which is MORE than Republicans gave to President Obama. Around this time in 2008, right after President Obama was first elected, Republicans were meeting in secret to plot and plan how to undermine Obama and pledging loyalty to their “Just Say NO!” approach. Yet today, those very same republicans are urging people to support the new president and give him a chance. Go figure!
Hypocrites. DRAIN THE SWAMP, Mr. Trump!!! We’re watching and waiting with extra nets, thigh-high waders and some stun guns and harpoons for the many toothy alligators, sharks and other vermin lurking below the surface.
And DO NOT forget the vultures circling overhead!
Or the establishment rattlesnakes swimming around you, with tape on their rattlers! Said rattlers (Giuliani, Gingrich, et al) see YOU as their meal-ticket to positions they would NEVER otherwise gain. Because they are so yesterday, their return date is past…even to their own fellow republicans who DO NOT want them, would not vote for them or even hire them – except to hand them a 10-foot pole (30 foot pole?) to propel themselves deeper into the swamp!!!
I suspect many voters already have buyers remorse. Too bad. No returns until 2020. Don’t lose that receipt!
All photos courtesy Google Images…
I would like someone, anyone, particularly republicans (and especially Ted Cruz) TO EXPLAIN TO ME HOW ON EARTH he plans to WIN a general election…across an America that does NOT give a fig about his brand of “values” especially those that say gays should NOT be able to marry whomever they choose – and that undocumented immigrants should be rounded up and deported even if they’ve lived in the U.S. for decades!
(I’m not asking how Cruz plans to campaign and what his strategy is). I just want Cruz to explain to me:
1. WHICH are THE states that he sees himself WINNING in a general election?
2. More specifically, among the states that President Obama won, which are the ones Cruz sees will go to him in 2016 ?
3. Does he see himself winning California, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts etc?
4. Does Cruz see himself winning over Democrats and Independents?
5. Does Cruz see himself winning the BLACK vote?
6. Does Cruz see himself winning the Hispanic vote?
7. Does Cruz see himself winning the Immigrant vote?
8. Does Cruz see himself winning with the Gay/Transgender community?
9. Or do republicans think that they can win a presidential election with only the “conservative” vote?
10. Does Cruz understand that he is winning with only the Tea Party faction within the Republican Party?Unlike Donald Trump, he has so far NOT pulled in a diverse demographic.
Moderate, aka “Establishment” republicans DON’T like Cruz – they don’t want him as their nominee. (Yes, they’re now saying they may hold their nose and vote for him just to oppose Donald Trump) but HE is not their first or even second or any choice. But he thinks that the nation likes him – when his own republicans find him too extreme!
11. The Republican Party is a joke – it has long tried to SUPPRESS voting by poor people, minorities/immigrants. NOW it’s coming up with ways to try to suppress voting by its OWN republicans. That should be easy give the GOP’s history!
The God republicans like to laud so much (when it suits them) is indeed alive — and laughing!
The way I see it, even if every old or poorly educated or rural Tea Party white person who’s never voted turns out to vote for Cruz, (will Trump’s coalition vote for Cruz?) he still needs the rest of us, don’t he? Or do he?
Maybe he don’t – bring it on!
I can already see the ads reminding us about the government shutdown…and threatened shutdowns…and NO compromise…and the efforts he led, SUCCESSFULLY, to DERAIL Immigration Reform and to CHALLENGE Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and to BLOCK President Obama’s executive Order on Immigration.
Hispanics, the fastest growing voting bloc, just LOVE Ted Cruz. Trump says he would deport the undocumented and “let them come back” with conditions. Cruz says: I’ll round you up and DEPORT you and you can take your U.S. born kids with you plus YOU WILL NOT EVER COME BACK IF I CAN HELP IT! Such Christian charity and compassion…such values!
As of 2013, Cuban immigrants made up nearly 3-percent of the immigrants living in America…that’s MORE than a million Cuban immigrants who, incidentally, are NOT taking U.S. jobs – they’re all somehow working in Florida for Fidel Castro. (I’m NOT bashing YOU, Cuban immigrant. I’m an immigrant too! Just calling out Cruz on immigrants taking U.S. jobs!)
Like I said: BRING IT ON!
Because democrats may not be flocking to the Primaries like republicans are right now, but rest assured, a nominee Cruz WOULD BRING every old or poorly educated or urban black, Hispanic, immigrant, gay person out of the woodwork too!
Did I say “bring it on!”? Let’s cruise…Cruz!
Photos: Google images
U.S population now: 316 million
How many of you reading this would believe a poll that said: Living on Mars is bad for you – if the poll came from a company that is selling condos on Venus…and is also locked in a bitter rivalry with the company building vacation homes on Mars…?
Well anti-immigration group – NumbersUSA – has come out with a poll. Yep!
Bet YOU can’t…will NEVER…guess what the poll says. (The clue word is: ANTI-immigration).
Their poll finds that a large MAJORITY of likely voters nationwide do not support an influx of new foreign workers. Oh wow!
But I expect that from NumbersUSA…
The paper that published this piece of crap summarizes that the “poll” complicates the prospects of immigration reform in the House. Um-hmn!
Do you know what NumbersUSA is about? (See my post: Nation Supports Immigration Reform.)
>America should accept fewer immigrants.
Executive director, Roy Beck, was working for Michigan recluse, John Tanton…when he (Beck) started NumbnersUSA in 1996. Tanton has a long paper trail of eugenicist, anti-Semitic, and white-supremacist views…
According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, Tanton has a record of “fretting about the ‘educability’ of Latinos, warning of whites being outbred by others, and publishing a number of white nationalist authors”…
Taunton has also “corresponded with Holocaust deniers, former Klan lawyers and the leading white nationalist thinkers of the era”…
Taunton has two affiliated nonprofits with a shared annual budget of about $6.5 million… has raised millions for the network of organizations he founded to push his agenda — primarily stopping immigration period – legal or illegal…
Members of Numbers USA believe the U.S. should simply let fewer people in, by whatever means. That’s where their name comes from…
NumbersUSA seeks to radically curtail the “population boom” created by an influx of foreign migrants. That Beck travels the country showing a slideshow on the dangers of out-of-control population growth, the climax of which is a demonstration involving gumballs…
Through June, NumbersUSA has spent $457, 000 OPPOSING Immigration Reform.
Another group linked to Taunton, Californians for Population Stabilization…has spent $126-thousand…OPPOSING Immigration Reform…
NumbersUSA derailed Immigration Reform in 2007 – and has VOWED to do so again! NumbersUSA orchestrated a MASSIVE calling and faxing offensive that overloaded the Senate switchboard…
One of THE most vocal opponent of immigration reform, Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama, memorialized the blitz in the Congressional Record…
But guess what – we are touting a POLL from NumbersUSA OPPOSING Immigration Reform. (The NumbersUSA poll was conducted by Pulse Opinion Research (which Fox News widely uses). Pulse is owned by conservative polling company, Rasmussen Reports.)
Surprise – surprise…
Here’s what pollster Mark Blumenthal has to say (June 2011) about Pulse Opinion Research:
- Earlier this year, Rasmussen launched a new website for Pulse that allows anyone to “go to the [Pulse] website, type in their credit card number, and run any poll that they wanted, with any language that they want…
- In effect, you will be able to do your own poll, and Rasmussen will provide the platform to ensure that the polling includes a representative national sample.” According to the Pulse web site, basic election surveys start at $1,500 for a sample of 500 state or local respondents…
- (From Daily Kos: September 2010): Don’t be fooled by The FOX Network’s new polls…they’re actually right-winger Scott Rasmussen’s new venture which allows anybody to conduct a poll and pose the questions whichever way they want for a mere $600.00.
- This new venture is just another way for Rasmussen to set the tone and make the narrative for the races more beneficial for their Republican candidates.
In a Rasmusen Reports poll, Rasmussen gives the questions to Pulse. But in a Fox News Poll, Fox provides their own questions…
And polls CAN be skewed…by the questions you ask!
I’d like NumbersUSA to PUBLISH the questions they used in their poll.
Since I have NO idea what they asked, I’m going to GIVE the ANSWERS and like the game show (CBS) Price Is Right, see if I can come up with a question…
- Answer (according to NumbersUSA Poll): 44 percent of likely voters want the government to reduce the number of permanent work visas issued.
NumbersUSA WON’T tell you either that this one-million a year – or 10 million over 10-years, is against declining population trends…which immigration will boost!
According to the U.S. Census Bureau,
The US Population is projected to grow much more slowly over the next several decades, compared with the last set of projections released in 2008 and 2009. That is because the projected levels of births and net international migration are lower in the projections released today, reflecting more recent trends in fertility and international migration.
I realize we should NOT believe in the U.S Census figures – and instead EMBRACE whatever NumbersUSA says…
That being SO…according to the U.S Census estimates…for 2015, the U.S population is projected to be 321 million (321,363 thousand – numbers rounded up. Figures in thousands).
The change (increase) of just over 2 million people (2, 471 thousand) is LESS than 1-percent (0.77)! The government estimates 4 million births (4,290) with just under 3 million deaths (2,613) for a NATURAL increase of nearly 2 million people (1,677). Immigration will account for just UNDER a million people (794-thousand).
10 years from now, by 2023, the population is projected to be 341 (341,436 thousand) million, with 4 million (4404) births, 2-million (2877) deaths and a natural increase of 1.5 million (1527) people. Immigration will account for again, less than a million: 978-thousand people. The change in population will be: 2 million, (2,506) people for a percentage increase of again less than 1-percent: 0.74%
In addition…according to the U.S Census Bureau:
- Asians (NOT Hispanics) were the nation’s fastest-growing race or ethnic group in 2012. Their population rose by 530,000, or 2.9 percent, in the preceding year, to 18.9 million…fuelled by immigration…
- The population age 65 and older is expected to more than double between 2012 and 2060, from 43.1 million to 92.0 million. The older population would represent just over one in five U.S. residents by the end of the period, up from one in seven today. The increase in the number of the “oldest old” would be even more dramatic – those 85 and older are projected to more than triple from 5.9 million to 18.2 million, reaching 4.3 percent of the total population.
- The non-Hispanic white population is projected to peak in 2024, at 199.6 million, up from 197.8 million in 2012. Unlike other race or ethnic groups, however, its population is projected to slowly decrease, falling by nearly 20.6 million from 2024 to 2060.
Don’t know what Republicans will do as their base shrinks – more gerrymandering, voter suppression? Demand all young people must prove they did not take age-accelerating steroids so they can vote early…? Insist that every young minority person must carry an older white person to the polls on their backs?
- Meanwhile, the Hispanic population would more than double, from 53.3 million in 2012 to 128.8 million in 2060. Nearly one in three U.S. residents would be Hispanic. Today, that’s about one in six today.
- The black population is expected to increase from 41.2 million to 61.8 million over the same period.
- The Asian population is projected to more than double, from 15.9 million in 2012 to 34.4 million in 2060, climbing from 5.1 percent to 8.2 percent in the same period.
- All in all, minorities, now 37 percent of the U.S. population, are projected to comprise 57 percent of the population in 2060.
- Projections show the older population would continue to be predominately non-Hispanic white, while younger ages are increasingly minority…meaning, today’s Hispanic youth will be taking care of old NumbersUSA members. They shoudl rememebr that!!!
- In 2056, for the first time, the older population, age 65 and over, is projected to outnumber the young, age under 18.
- By 2032, projections show births (4 million ,456 thousand) minus deaths (3 million, 324) = 1 million, 132 people. Immigration (1 million, 146) takes over as the biggest population generator.
Back to NumbersUSA…and the kinds of questions they ask…
The US government issues about a million new immigrant work permits a year. Do you want the government to reduce the number of permanent work visas issued?
Answer may be DIFFERENT If the same question is phrased this way:
The US government issues about a million new immigrant work permits a year. Given that the population is aging and declining – do you want the government to reduce the number of permanent work visas issued?
Here’s an online article from (pro-immigration group): America’s voice
This week alone, a raft of new polling has underscored the fact that a majority of Americans want immigration reform with a path to citizenship—not legalization without citizenship or any mass deportation option. Quinnipiac finds that 56% of all Americans support the creation of a roadmap to citizenship, the Washington Post/ABC News has the number at 55%, and Public Policy Polling found support from 64% of voters. You can check out this polling roundup for even more polls and even more evidence that supporting citizenship is a mainstream position that has comfortable support from Americans, voters, and even Republicans.
The momentum for real reform, we’ve noticed, has made the anti-immigrant groups increasingly more shrill and desperate. Take, for example, this latest gambit from the nativist “think tank” Center for Immigration Studies, a creation of anti-immigrant leader John Tanton. The anti-citizenship, anti-immigration reform conservatives are now pushing around a new poll which they believe refutes all of the evidence we just cited.
The poll is from Pulse Opinion Research, an arm of the conservative-learning polling company Rasmussen Reports, and is being lifted up across the conservative media. The Daily Caller’s headline on the story even reads, “Immigration reform group says polls showing support for pathway to citizenship are all wrong.” Yes, their poll is right, and all the other polls are wrong. Just like their polls were right and all the other polls were wrong last November, when Romney was supposed to beat Obama in an election landslide.
- In the words of polling experts who know, a survey from Pulse Opinion just doesn’t pass the laugh test.
Here is the Price Chart for Pulse Opinion Research
State & Local Respondents
|Basic Election Survey||
|Expanded Election Survey||
Add On Questions
1 – $400
2 – $750
3 – $1,000
1 – $500
2 – $1,000
3 – $1,500
According to the America’s voice article – Fox, Pulse phrase their questions like this:
“Is the main reason they are pushing for this legislation because they are pandering to Hispanics OR because they are generally concerned about illegal immigrants?”
- “Do you agree or disagree that giving legal status to illegal immigrants does not solve the problem because rewarding law breaking will only encourage more illegal immigration in the future?”
I repeat: The momentum across the Nation is FOR Immigration Reform. And as this momentum builds, look for racist, extremist fringe groups like NumbersUSA to come up with a poll that finds:
AMERICANS SUPPORT SHOOTING ILLEGALS IN THE DESERT!
Don’t believe it. THEIR question was:
“If a group of armed undocumented immigrants crossing the desert open fire on U.S Border Patrols, should the marshals fire back?”