People who mistakenly think that a vote for Mitt Romney also means a vote for jobs…
…should also remember that Romney and Obama have completely different ideologies – and don’t see things the same way.
President Obama wants everybody to get along (possibly from his childhood experiences growing up half-black/half-white and belonging nowhere). Obama wants to please everybody, he wants people to get along, he wants to build consensus. I think he really believed that he could sweep into Washington and bring people together and he made us believe too…
I want to keep on believing, because WHAT ELSE IS THERE? Go on the way we’ve been going — Republicans on one track heading East, Democrats heading West on another track?
That would be fine if they were on the same circular track, BUT THEY ARE WALKING
ON SEPARATE PARALLEL ROADS – SO THEY WILL LIKELY NEVER MEET…unless both parties veer off track. But with “consensus” now being such a dirty word, especially from the Republican/Tea Party side that they’re targeting. going after and voting OUT Republicans who work with Democrats – I’m becoming less positive they will even TALK to each other and shout out a greeting anytime soon!
Yet for the sake of America and Americans – THE TWO PARTIES NEED TO MEET.
So again I ask you: Where do we go from here?
How do we make the right choice?
What do we look for?
We have TWO choices. Both of these men are presentable, have good/stable families which they appear to enjoy (I say appear because I don’t live with them) are sufficiently educated and capable.
The question for ME is this…
WHOSE IDEOLOGY DO I WANT TO LIVE WITH – WHOSE WAY OF DOING THINGS AM I MORE COMFORTABLE WITH – WHICH OF THESE TWO MEN DO I AGREE WITH THE MOST ON THE BIG ISSUES – AND WHICH WAY OF DOING THINGS can I live with FOR THE NEXT 4-YEARS?
- ON ABORTION CHOICE
- ON STOPPING UNNECESSARY WARS
- ON IMMIGRATION REFORM
- ON PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT
- ON LIMITING TAX CUTS FOR THE WEALTHIEST
- ON EDUCATION REFORM
- HEALTH CARE REFORM FOR ALL
- ON PROTECTING WOMEN’S RIGHTS
- ON PROTECTING GAY RIGHTS
- ON REGULATING BIG BUSINESS
- ON DEVELOPING CLEAN ENERGY TO SLOW GLOBAL WARMING
- ON CHECKING ENVIRONMENTAL DESTRUCTION
- ON SUPREME COURT NOMINEES WHO WILL GUARANTEE YOUR RIGHTS
- ON PROTECTIONS FOR THE POOR
- THE LIST GOES ON: ADD YOUR ISSUE
Obama is promising Jobs and the above – Romney is promising jobs and none of the above.
SO ask yourself:
- Do I prefer the Democrats take on these issues?
- Or do I prefer the way Republicans plan to address these issues?
Then MAKE your choice – because YOU ARE NOT VOTING FOR “Romney” the man or “Obama” the man. You are ALSO voting for their PARTY’S AGENDA.
- Would you like to see the Pentagon spend less on useless weapons and systems
- Would you like to cut programs for poor people like Foodstamps, subsidized daycare for poor/low-income working families, funding for after-school programs
- If you cut these programs HOW do you intend these people to survive, what do you do with those kids who will now be on the street at loose ends, the woman who will lose her job with NO daycare and No Foodstamps and NO subsidized housing?
Would you like America to intervene AND SEND TROOPS in civil wars in places like Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, Egypt etc OR have you had enough of war/
- Would you like ALL Americans to have Health Care and yes, while it is EXPENSIVE, it is even MORE expensive when people with NO Health Care go to Emergency Rooms.
- If you prefer they go to Emergency Rooms – who is paying for it? YOU do – or did you not know?
- If you don’t want to PAY for it, are you willing for these people to die in the street outside th hospital?
- Do you want big businesses to constantly get tax breaks and move their jobs and bank accounts overseas to avoid taxes?
- Do you want the TEA PARTY in power?