NEWS HEADLINE in the Massachusetts U.S Senate race for the seat once held by Ted Kennedy, now held by Republican Scott Brown…
BOSTON — Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown and Massachusetts Democrats are trading jabs over Brown’s fundraising efforts in New York City and whether Democratic rival Elizabeth Warren should release law school applications and personnel files from her teaching jobs...
I love Massachusetts. I don’t care WHAT Republicans say about us. They can say God hates us because we’re liberal. Like Jesus was so Conservative. He and John the Baptist were the radical liberals of their day, advocating change (yep), upsetting the status quo (consorting with prostitutes, imagine that!) and threatening the established order. The hypocrital Pharisees (bet they were Republicans) felt threatened, so they decided to assassinate Jesus to get rid of him. But I must be talking about a DIFFERENT Jesus.
Because the Republican’s Jesus was/is? a very Capitalist kind of guy! When Jesus heard his answer, he said, “There is still one thing you haven’t done. Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” Luke 18:22.
Yeah, that’s socialist Obama 1o1!
Malachi 3:5 – I will be a swift witness…against those who oppress the wage earner in his wages, the widow and the orphan, and those who turn aside the alien and do not fear Me, says the LORD of hosts.
But I digress. To get back on point:
Massachusetts has two of the TOP five universities in America and a host of other acclaimed teaching institutions: Harvard, (#1) nestled in beautiful, laid-back Cambridge and nearby MIT, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (#5-Tied with Cal Tech)* sprawling along the Cambridge side of the Charles River separating Cambridge from Boston. Yet in a year when ONE of the Presidential Candidates used to be governor of the state, we in Massachusetts are focusing on goo-goo ga-ga politics!
Incumbent senator, Republican Scott Brown is being challenged by a newcomer to politics, Harvard University professor…Elizabeth Warren.
Instead of focusing on the ISSUES, in a learned or supposedly erudite state like Massachusetts, here’s what we’re hearing about week after week:
- Elizabeth Warren described herself as a minority on her Harvard employment application. Warren’s great-great-great-grandmother listed herself as Cherokee…making the democrat 1/32 part Native American. Welcome to the family, Elizabeth. Just don’t wear a hoody!
- Elizabeth Warren’s tax returns…
- Scott Brown’s tax returns…
- Elizabeth Warren is elitist…
Are we out of our liberal, elitist minds?
Republicans being the misogynists they are…are tearing into Elizabeth Warren. Her grades were not good enough to enter Harvard. She had to hide behind minority status to get in, like the rest of us – black people, Hispanics and other so called “minorities” including President Obama. We are just NOT capable of getting high enough grades to be accepted to a university like Harvard – unless we get a leg up from Affirmative Action, because monkeys that we are, all we can understand is a banana which someone must first peel for us! Unlike the learned former President, the orator George Bush, the self characterized “average student” whose average during his first three years at Yale was 77. Now there’s a Mensa candidate…!
I was motivated to write this post by this news report on Boston’s local NBC affiliate WHDH: Mass. Dems file ethics complaint over Brown video
Posted: Today (5/9/2012) at 2:55 pm
BOSTON (AP) — Massachusetts Democrats have filed an ethics complaint over reports that GOP Sen. Scott Brown’s campaign used a video taken by an official Senate aide.
The Massachusetts Democratic Party pointed to a report by The Boston Globe that a video of Brown sinking a half-court basketball shot during a visit to a Hyannis youth center was taken by Brown’s Senate communications director Marcie Kinzel.
Kinzel told the Globe she shot the video on her personal iPhone and forwarded it to the campaign on personal time.
Brown’s campaign posted it on YouTube and sent out emails to reporters highlighting it.
Massachusetts Democratic Party Chairman John Walsh said Brown violated the law by allowing his official staff to engage in campaign activity on taxpayer time.
Brown campaign spokesman Colin Reed called the complaint “laughable.”
Are we seriously, like – serious?
I’m asking DEMOCRATS, again: Are you serious?
Can’t you let this go? You think there’s a voter who will read this story and go: “Why, that conniving rotten scoundrel, Scott Brown – I’m NOT giving that campaign finance lawbreaker MY vote. NOT after John Edwards!!”
I’m at a loss for words to describe the rock-bottom frenzy over inanities and fluff and crap that we’ve sunk to in discussing a race for a crucial SENATE seat. Republicans got to be laughing at us!
EACH STATE should NOT have to make its own laws governing gay marriage. I think this is nonsense. A gay couple can get married in Massachusetts or the handful of other states like Connecticut, Iowa, New Hampshire, New York and Vermont that allow gay marriage. But, if that couple visits a state where gay marriage is NOT legal and one spouse is hospitalized or heaven forbid dies, then the other/surviving spouse has NO rights? Can’t even go see their loved one even though that person may be dying!? That makes no damn sense – but do we poke Scott Brown? No! THAT’S A REAL ISSUE.
A cop in Arizona may be able to stop and question a suspected illegal immigrant, but if the person takes off and crosses the state line to another, more tolerant state, he/she is home free? Where’s the rationale?
We need UNIFIED stances on these issues!
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on Immigration Reform, The Dream Act, Secure Communities?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on Tax cuts
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on Environmental Protection?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on Abortion/Women’s rights?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on reducing Student Loans?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on Health Care Reform? Will any of them vote to REPEAL Obamacare…which allows Scott Brown to put his 23-year-old daughter Ayla on HIS health insurance? And if so, will they ALSO vote to repeal Romneycare in Massachusetts?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on Iran? The war in Afghanistan? On new Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on reducing the deficit?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on new drilling/green energy sources for the future?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on education reform?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on trade with Cuba?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on dealing with China and trade deficits?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on crossing the aisle and co-operating in a Congress where the Tea Party thinks compromise is a dirty word?
- Where do Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren stand on Welfare Reform? Medicaid, Medicare and social Security Reform?
- What qualities do Warren/Brown think important in a Supreme Court Judge?
These are ALL issues they are going to have to deal with in Washington. At least, I hope so! So when they get there, HOW ARE THEY GOING TO VOTE? Tell us. Remind us…
I realize none of that, NONE, is as important as the percentage of Cherokee blood running through Elizabeth Warren’s veins and arteries! She manipulated to get into Harvard? We get it. She’ll be right at home at the Capitol where she will be called on to manipulate public sentiment to sanction useless wars…with useless F-22 bombers!
In one news report, we learn of Democrat angst because: “Scott Brown owns six houses (personal and investment properties) and that his trademark barn coat is made not of traditional canvas but higher-end suede, while the green pickup he highlights in his lunch-bucket appeal was bought not for blue-collar purposes but to tow his daughter’s horse trailer!”
Many people who were thinking of voting for Scott Brown, upon hearing this – won’t any more! How about voting for poorer candidates like John Kerry or one of the Kennedy’s?
Bay State Get real. Democrats, wake up! Quickly…or I swear I will start blogging for Republicans!
Going once – going twice…any Republicans interested?
Santorum called Romney the “worst republican” but he “endorsed” Romney. Rudy Guiliani said of Romney: “I’ve never seen a guy change his positions on so many things, so fast, on a dime”. He’s now sharing firehouse pizza with Romney.
So why, oh why, can’t I?
*U.S News World Report rankings/National University Rankings