I knew. You knew, too. Only Republicans had no clue!
If you tell House Speaker Republican John Boehner that ‘compromise’ is indeed a word…he’ll argue that the Obama people just coined the term…to draw attention away from the president’s failed economic policies.
Republicans wasted 4 years SABOTAGING President Obama’s efforts. Now, 7 months ahead of a Presidential election, Boehner is on TV saying:
“I would say that there is a 2 in 3 chance that we win control of the House again. But there’s a 1 in 3 chance that we could lose. And I’m being myself, frank, we’ve got a big challenge and we’ve got work to do.”
How does he PLAN to get Republicans to work? By crying, I guess. Because don’t expect compromise!
- Yes, lose the HOUSE
- Lose the SENATE
- And especially — LOSE the PRESIDENCY
Not because you’re Republican. That’s enough of a reason, of course — but I WANT YOU TO LOSE because of the trauma you Republicans and Tea Party-nistas inflicted on the country…in your zeal to destroy president Obama.
Do you think that by heading down a narrow, winding one lane road with a sign proclaiming “Failure for Obama” you were hurting Obama and helping America…?
How do you hurt Obama if he is a one-term president?
Of course it’s more of an ego-booster to serve two terms. But if Obama leaves the White House in January, what’s he going to lose personally that he could have saved with another 4 years in office?
- Obama is going to be much in demand everywhere, around the world
- He will make major dollars in speaking/other fees, jobs
- He won’t get MORE health care
- He won’t get MORE Secret Service protection
- He will still be in the history books as the FIRST Black President (He won’t change color after a second term!)
- Actually one less term might be better for his health!
He’ll go to his big house, with a big job, health care for life, will be able to afford the best education for his kids and will not have to worry about the day-to-day grind MOST of us have to deal with. US, the “we” in people – we’re the ones who are screwed. NOT Obama!!!
So I don’t understand HOW you’re hurting Obama by making him a one-term president? If I’m missing something here, please let me know…
THEY HAVE A PERSONAL VENDETTA AGAINST OBAMA that goes BEYOND his policies…
What Republicans have done, in their desire to hurt Obama, is HURT America.
- Do we have Immigration Reform? NO
- Do we have Tax Reform? NO
- Do we have sound Health Care Reform? NO
- Do we have a sound Energy Policy that is forward-looking? NO
- Do we have Education Reform? NO
- Social Security Reform? NO
- Medicaid/Medicare Reform? NO
What the hell do we have..? Ask Boehner…
Now he says: “…we’ve got work to do.” Wow – way to go, Mr. Speaker. You have May, June, July, August, September and October to rush through as much of the above as you can. What did you do with the other 3 years and 6 months? Republicans spent it trying to derail Obama.
The Republican Code of Intent to Crucify Obama (CICO) pronounce it as: Psycho!
- 1. Mitch McConnell (Fox News Sunday/ July 2011): Well that is true (Making Obama a one-tern President is) my single most important political goal along with every active Republican in the country…”
- Michelle Bachmann. It’s her rallying cry! (May 2011/on her website): Please make a contribution and join my money bomb to raise $240,000 in 24 hours and make Barak Obama a one-term President. — An unauthorized biography about Bachmann is titled: Let’s make Obama a one-term President. — In a speech (Feb 2011) to the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington: “The all-important must have for 2012 is making Barack Obama a one-term president.”
- 2. Paul Ryan (Oct 2011): “The only way we can restore our prosperity and save our great nation from President Barack Obama’s failed policies is to elect conservative Republican leaders from the Court House to the White House in 2012 — and make President Obama a one-term president.“
- Rush Limbaugh (Obama Inauguration/2009): I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it.
- RNC: the RNC continues our efforts to make Barack Obama a one-term president.
Making Obama a One-Term President is a very worthy goal that has pushed America forward and given the country a competitive edge when it comes to technology and innovation.
That’s why when politicians leave Congress, they become lobbyists and other high-earning hot-shots in the private sector! Approve Pink Slime as your food then go work for the beef industry? Nothing wrong with that. Protest the war in Iraq? You’re a Values Underminer…
So who’s going to be working with Boehner? His Tea Party obstructionistas whom he can’t control? Boehner again: “…if Republicans were walking in lockstep, my job would be a whole lot easier.” Did he say lockstep or lockjaw?
Meantime, while Republicans like John McCain and Rudy Giuliani are chewing on Maalox tabs after endorsing Romney…Jon Huntsman, one of the BEST candidates the Republicans had in the race is now comparing the Republican Party to “communist China” and questioning the strength of this year’s presidential field. A Republican with guts! About time…