President Obama — on calls for war with Iran:
“Now, what’s said on the campaign trail — those folks don’t have a lot of responsibilities. They’re not Commander-in-Chief. And when I see the casualness with which some of these folks talk about war, I’m reminded of the costs involved in war. I’m reminded that the decision that I have to make in terms of sending our young men and women into battle, and the impacts that has on their lives, the impact it has on our national security, the impact it has on our economy.
This is not a game. There’s nothing casual about it. And when I see some of these folks who have a lot of bluster and a lot of big talk, but when you actually ask them specifically what they would do, it turns out they repeat the things that we’ve been doing over the last three years, it indicates to me that that’s more about politics than actually trying to solve a difficult problem.
Now, the one thing that we have not done is we haven’t launched a war. If some of these folks think that it’s time to launch a war, they should say so. And they should explain to the American people exactly why they would do that and what the consequences would be. Everything else is just talk…”
White House Press Conference
March 06, 2012
- I’d like to inform Governor Romney that:
- The Obama Administration has ALREADY pressed for Sanctions
- Governor, please OUTLINE how YOU plan to get China and Russia to support sanctions, short of bombing them!
- America is likely supporting Iranian dissidents…even though the CIA has not shared that information with Mr Romney!
- President Obama told visiting Israeli leader Netanyahu: “As I’ve said repeatedly, the bond between out two countries is unbreakable…our commitment to the security of Israel is rock solid…” (Oval Office remarks, March 05, 2012).
- And yes, Governor, visiting Jerusalem will automatically make Hamas drop their weapons! Silly Obama, NOT to think about THAT!
- Anything else, governor Romney?
- AND, the holder of the Oval Office is the President of America. Not the president of Israel, not the harbinger of Peace, not the vanguard of Democracy. JUST responsible for 50 states and a handful of territories.